2020 Israel Tour
Leaders Alive International is launching its first official tour to Israel in May 2020!
Our President, Lael Barkman has a profound passion to introduce Christians to the homeland of their faith! To walk where Jesus actually walked and to see the historic sights where stories in the Bible happened, is a life changing experience! Would you pray about joining us in May?
Here are his own words…
“Greetings to you and thank you so much for your interest in attending this wonderful trip to your homeland – Israel: the land of our heritage, our faith, and where the precious Word of God was given.
In most ways, you will find that this is the greatest vacation ever taken or known to man, and in another way, it is a very physically difficult trip that stretches and challenges the very core of your inner man. Many times, you will find yourself smiling broadly and laughing, and the next moment you will find yourself weeping inexplicably. All because of what your spirit is receiving from the Lord our God, through the Holy Spirit.”
Lael and his wife Cheryl have been to Israel three times. Going for a month in 2011, and two weeks in 2015, and two and a half months in 2018. They had been there on a guided tour with Wayne and Martha Weaver, who had been guided by Ray Vander Laan, one of the premiere Christian guides available.
Check out the itinerary below! *Itinerary subject to change because of the group, and leading of the Holy Spirit.
We will be traveling the length and breadth of Isreal’s great land.
Sunday, May 10th - Depart USA for Tel Aviv and convene with group
Monday, May 11th - Joppa and Tel Azeka - travel to Jerusalem
Tuesday, May 12th - Jerusalem
Wednesday, May 13th - Jerusalem
Thursday, May 14th - Dead Sea area - (Perhaps Jericho), Qumran, Sodom and Gomorrah
Friday, May 15th - En Gedi and Masada
Saturday, May 16th - Caesarea and the Aquaducts, and Tel-Megiddo Tiberias
Sunday, May 17th - Worship and Jordan River
Monday, May 18th - Climb Mt. Arbel, Capernaum, Chorazin and Bethsaida
Tuesday, May 19th - Gamala and Hazor
Wednesday, May 20th - Tel Dan and Caesarea Philippi
Thursday, May 21st - Bet Shean and Ma’Ayan Harod
Friday, May 22nd - Flexible day (Will possibly used another day on trip)
Saturday, May 23rd - Tel Aviv to return home
Here are some specific guidelines for this trip.
1. The total cost of the trip is $3,300 per person covering all flights, lodging (reputable hotels 3-4 stars), transportation and breakfast and dinner. (Not including your own snacks or souvenirs)
2. The deposit amount will be approximately $1,500 ( $300 non-refundable). Due by February 29th 2020.
Schedule of Payment as follows:
$1,500 by February 29th, 2020
$1000 by March 31st, 2020
$800 by April 24th, 2020
3. It is our desire to take dedicated believers to Israel to show them their homeland at low costs, and to equip you to take your families and friends and friends there as well. We believe it is very helpful in the walk with Jesus.
The weight of this trip will impact you eternally!
- Prepare Spiritually. There is so much to take in - to receive. It is very whelming to the spirit! Spend time in prayer over the trip, asking God to reveal specific ways that you can prepare your heart to experience everything He has for you! Consider doing some research of your own places that we will visit!
- Prepare Emotionally. With the great significance of the things that you will see, it definitely affects the emotions!
- Prepare Physically. Many of these places can be grueling. We recommend that you can do 20 flights of 8-10 stairs at one time to prepare. It is hot, rugged, and steep in Israel.
- Pack Light. Couples, try to combine your items into one large suitcase. Mostly shorts and T-shirts, and perhaps one dress casual outfit should be sufficient. You can check temperatures on any weather app to be sure you’re effectively prepared.
In the trips that Lael has been on, he has some suggestions on how to make your journey to Israel more comfortable and functional.
- Get a pair of closed-toe, i.e. Keen brand or Teva brand sandals. For the difficult hiking that is done, you will not regret the investment. If not Keen brand, make sure that you have great quality footwear. If your footwear is inferior, you will likely lose several days of the trip from blisters and sore feet. (IF you have ankle issues, we recommend the Keen hiking boots for ankle support.)
- Be sure that you have loose fitting and light garments. Shorts should be below the knees as the Jewish, holy sites will not allow you in if you are wearing short shorts. We also suggest, if you can find them, a pair of pants that zip off into shorts.
- Bring a light jacket for the evening. Israel gets very cool at night and a jacket is highly essential.
To sign up for the 2020 Israel Tour, email me, Keila Wagler at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at (765) 469-3390.
God bless you!